Spotlight: Web Series
Each year at TGIF/F, we spotlight a particular subsection of fannish culture in our programming. We’ve previously featured vidding and artists. This year, we’re featuring web series — maybe yours!
We are seeking 4 web series to feature on Friday night. We aim to showcase a diverse lineup providing a variety of representation important to our audience. Each selected web series team will receive:
- 35 minutes with our captive audience to use in a balance of screen time and Q&A. (Example: watch episodes for 15 minutes with a 20-minute Q&A afterward.)
- Free guest passes* for your team
- A free table in our Artist Alley
- Priority in our scholarship fund. Each web series team can apply for up to $500 in travel assistance.
- Promotion by TGIF/F on our social media, website, and in our program
*See information about guess passes below.
Each selected web series can bring up to 6 team members in whatever combination of creators, cast, and crew you see fit to represent your project. These team members can speak at the Q&A and/or promote at your table.
Each of your team members will choose their pass type:
- Regular attendee: These team members register and purchase passes ($40-$80) like any other attendee to gain access to all programming, catering, and con spaces. (More information.) If you want the full TGIF/F experience, this is your best option. We are holding a limited number of regular attendee passes for web series team members when registration opens in the event we sell out before web series are confirmed.
- Guest pass: Guest passes only provide access to Artist Alley in our Con Suite, the Friday night Web Series Spotlight in the main programming room, and the Party Rooms. Guest passes do not give access to panels, events, catered meals, or other con spaces. If you plan to only be there Friday night, or you plan to spend your weekend running the Artist Alley table, this is your best option.
Each selected web series will receive free guest passes for all 1-6 team members, unless any team member(s) would rather purchase a regular attendee pass. If at any time someone with a guest pass would like to upgrade to a regular pass, they may do so, if attendee passes are still available.
To submit your web series for consideration, fill out our application form. Applications open October 1, 2019 and must be submitted by November 15. All applications will be reviewed by TGIF/F staff. The selected web series teams will be notified no later than November 30.
In preparing to apply, please gather the following information:
- All links and relevant information about your web series
- Names and roles of the 1-6 team members who would be attending
- Estimated financial assistance requested, if any